On 09.09.2008 00:36, Al wrote:

I'm having trouble getting the sun java
installed properly. alternatives never see the install and jpackage seems to also have problem with version 1.6

I uncommented :

include.block.imageop=false

in local.blocks.properties. Is that the best way to do option 2.
It seems to compile now. Did I loose anything besides the ability to server images files from cocoon?
I server static files from apache.

Yes, that's the best option since you don't need the imageop block. You can even still serve images from Cocoon. The ImageReader is only for applying transformations to images on the fly, a rarely used feature I'd say.

Joerg