Hello Mika,

In your description you mention a maintenance task: data uploading and
conversion: you need to parse XML data and insert extracted entities
(polygons, ids) in a database. You do not need cocoon to do that.
I would use SAX and simply JDBC.
How do you represent your GIS-data for the users of your site?

Kind regards,
Jos