Hi Jos,

and thanks for your reply.
SAX and JDBC.. I should have mentioned, that Java is my Achilles Heel. I can't claim that I had never written a single line of Java, shame on me. And your suggestion means a lot of Java jumping, right? I do have written code with C#, Perl, PHP, JS and done quite a lot of things with XML/XSLT/XSL-FO, but still a fresh start with Java in a project like this.. I don't know.. on the other hand, it would be a chance to grab the ox from its horns and do the inevitable. I will probably represent the geometries with Geoserver and OpenLayers and probably include some attribute related functions into it. But there will be also some other applications. It's still all open. At this point, the major task is to get the data into database or actually build a "block" that will make "uploading" into database possible.

- mika -

Jos Snellings kirjoitti:
Hello Mika,

In your description you mention a maintenance task: data uploading and
conversion: you need to parse XML data and insert extracted entities
(polygons, ids) in a database. You do not need cocoon to do that.
I would use SAX and simply JDBC.
How do you represent your GIS-data for the users of your site?

Kind regards,
Jos