XML is generated via a generator.

<data>
        <name>file</name>
        <value>Albatross</value>
        <temp.path>/tmp/files/xyz/</temp.path>
</data>

A transformation occurs so that the XML looks like ...

<files>
        <file name="Albatross">/tmp/files/xyz/Albatross</file>
</files>

Later in the pipe, and action could be to do something to the file (Compress it
for example)

something like <map:act type="doMagic"
src="{xpath:/files/fi...@name='Albatross']/text()}"}>
        ... do some other stuff...
</map:act>

Having spoken with the OP, theyare looking for a way to pass the value of the
file element in the transformed XML to the
sitemap. Maybe I've missed something obvious but I would have thought this
functionality would be present in the framework.

My assumption is that the DOM is held in memory somewhere after generation and
passed to the various transformers before
eventually being serialised. Surely there is a way to access the content of the
DOM prior to serialisation. Does anyone
know how?

Alec,

Alec Bickerton