From: Steven D. Majewski <sd...@virginia.edu>
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Sent: Wed, July 28, 2010 5:24:37 PM
Subject: Re: Hand over XSL variable value - wrong list?

You can't generate a pipeline parameter *within* the pipeline.
You'll have to split it into two (or more) separate pipelines.
There are several ways of doing that.
One method would be to use flowscript:

    processPipelineTo( ... ) # this step does the xslt transform and outputs
the
<file> element...
                 # returns an output stream...
                 # parse the output and grab /files/file/text() ...
    sendPage( ... )      # call 2nd pipeline adding file value as a parameter.

But maybe the OP should think about whether it's really necessary to route that
thru the
sitemap as a parameter.  Take a look, for example, at the Zip archive
serializer
:
    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/ziparchive-serializer.html

Note especially that the sources can be other pipelines, so files in the zip
archive
can be generated on the fly.

( If what you're trying to do doesn't seem to fit into the pipeline model,
sometimes
  you just have to rethink whether you need to "push" or "pull" . )

In the original post, it was also unclear whether the XSL variable was going to
be
part of the output of the transform, or if the OP expected to somehow get it's
value
as a side effect of doing the transform. The only way to get something out of
the
transform is thru it's output -- there are no side effects.

-- Steve Majewski