Hi Guy
On 04/02/12 09:46, Guy Pardon wrote:
Sergey,

Looks very cool, thanks! I suppose validation errors can be handled via the
Response.sendOther redirection, with error beans as request attributes?

This is what I did in the demo...Say we have a class such as

@Path("/service")
public class RootResource {
@GET
@Path("get")
public Response get() {
  if (allIsOK) {
// return SomeResponse, RequestDispatcherProvider will make it available to SomeResponse view handler
      return Response.ok().entity(SomeResponse).build();
  } else {
      return Response.seeOther("validationError").build();
  }
}

@GET
@Path("validationError")
public ValidationResponse validationError() {
// return ValidationResponse, RequestDispatcherProvider will make it available to the validation error view handler
}

}

Response.seeOther in get() will get the client redirected to the validation error handler, there needs be some association available between requests. Ex, in my case the Response.seeOther() sets the error code as a query parameter...

The simpler option is simply have get() above return the usual Response, with the entity set to either SomeResponse or ValidationErrror, without any Response.seeOther and configure RequestDispatcherProvider to redirect to say SomeResponse.jsp if the entity is SomeResponse and to ValidationError.jsp in other cases...

Yet one more option is to return some CompositeResponse with the CompositeResponse.jsp handler delegating further based on whether
CompositeResponse has the 'good' data or not...
Do you think one of the above options will work for you ?

Cheers, Sergey

Guy