On 17.08.2016 15:08, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

Letting the old classes extend the new ones is also not possible as core
can not depend on the logging feature jar.

Then we need to solve it differently. Move the ext code into the core and have the ext interceptors and feature simply extend that code

That will mean a gentler migration effort.

I do not agree. In a major version we should remove old stuff. The time to migrate is in 3.1 where both logging features exist. So people can gradually move to the new logging. Then when they complete the migration they switch to CXF 4 without any changes. This is why I try to create new functionality in a minor version and remove the old one in a major version.

Of course this can mean that a major version has 0 new features but that is exactly the purpose outside of marketing.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de