If you want to add an interceptor on the client side, you can do something
like:

Service service = Service.create(wsdlLocation, serviceQName);
PortType port = service.getPort(portQName, PortType.class);
Client cxfClient = ClientProxy.getClient(port);
cxfClient.getOutInterceptors().add(...)

Here's an example:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/dcae47fac2c0e22994572e6744852070737223e5/systests/ws-security/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/ws/ut/UsernameTokenTest.java#L439

Colm.