Dick Hoffman wrote:
I'm getting an error when trying to add records to a database that I
built some time ago using a form I built some time ago. The error
message says:
Integrity constraint violation - no parent SYS_FK_123 table:
YearStats in statement {INSERT INTO "CBC_DATA_RECS" ("COUNT_YR",
"PREV_REC_NO", "SPEC_NO", "SPECIES_COUNT) VALUES (?,?,?,?)]
SQL status: 23000
Error code: -177
I used this same form about a year ago to successfully update (add
records to) the database. Only major change since then has been an
upgrade to OOo 3.2.1. Any help would be appreciated.
Dick
More information after refreshing my memory of what I've done with this
database: The YearStats referred to in the error message is another
Table I defined somewhere along the way last year. It is linked to
CBC_DATA_RECS and I can't get rid of it no matter what I do. I would
just like to remove it since it really isn't a needed part of the database.
Dick
I figured out how to get rid of the YearStats Table:
Tools > Relationships shows the Tables and their linkages. Right click on a linkage line allows a Delete. Thanks for all your help.
Dick