Hi,

Yes, Mark's input is definitely useful.  I can say I've been using DS +
Repositories + JTA Transactional for a few years now, it all continues to
work fine.  I'm on Wildfly 10.1 as well.

The only thing you need to remember is to
add
globalAlternatives.org.apache.deltaspike.jpa.spi.transaction.TransactionStrategy=org.apache.deltaspike.jpa.impl.transaction.ContainerManagedTransactionStrategy
to your META-INF/apache-deltaspike.properties file.  This is covered at
http://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/jpa.html#JTASupport for
Weld/Wildfly instances

Then you'll get the seamless transactions between DS repositories, other
JPA use cases, and JMS, etc.  Presently I deal with the JMS + SMTP  + JPA
use case today and haven't seen it falter too much.

I don't add @Transactional to my repositories, the transaction boundary
tends to be at a higher level (Services).

John