Hi Luke,

On 1 juil. 2011, at 17:27, Luke Shannon wrote:

> Hello;
>
> I have a LDIF I need to get running locally.
>
> I installed Apache Directory Studio Version: 1.5.3.v20100330.
>
> Here are the first three entries:
>
> dn: o=1.accDev.com
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organization
> objectClass: devAccount
> o: 1.accDev.com
>
> dn: ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com
> ou: rqUat
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> objectClass: devAccount
>
> dn: ou=accdev.com, ou=rqUat, o=1.accDev.com
> devFailedAttemptsMax: 5
> ou: accdev.com
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: organizationalUnit
> objectClass: devAccount
>
> I created three partitions on my server for 1.accDev.com, rqUat and
> accdev.com. For each I gave them the suffix listed in the info above. But
> when I connect to my server the partitions are not listed? Only shows schema
> and system.

This is normal. You only defined the suffix of each partition in the
configuration, but the entry itself is still kind of "empty" (it's just a DN
ATM).
You need to create for each partition its "context entry" either via an LDIF
import or via Studio using this guide:
http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/tools_newcontextentry_wizard.html

> I have a schema file that contains the devAccount definitions and related
> attributes. In the schema browser I was able to load these objects, but they
> don't seem to be available to the server I am trying to load the LDIF on?

What is the format of your schema file ? Has it been loaded in ApacheDS ?
Could you describe a little more precisely your steps to insert the schema
within ApacheDS?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud