From: "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" <p...@marcelot.net>
To: users@directory.apache.org
Sent: Friday, 1 July, 2011 12:07:19 PM
Subject: Re: Custom Schemas and Partitions

On 1 juil. 2011, at 18:00, Luke Shannon wrote:

> I'm not sure what server generated this schema file, it came from a client
> I'm working with and they are not available today.
>
> However, I was able to import the schema file into a schema project of Apache
> Directory Studio using the Import -> Schema from OpenLDAP Files. All the
> objects appear in the Schema project without error, however they are not
> available in my ldap connection (when I do a search for objects in there
> nothing from the import shows up).

Your action only imported the schema file into the project in the Schema
Editor. It didn't imported it to the directory server itself.
To do so, you need to export it as LDIF file (that's the format ApacheDS
accepts for updating its schema) and then import this LDIF file using the LDAP
Browser.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud