Emmanuel - thank you!!!

Regards,
Carlo Accorsi

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecha...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 8:00 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: Hi Again, substring searches among 80K entires - still an issue

I was able to make the test suceed, by simply replacing this line :

               connection.modify( dn, new DefaultModification(
ModificationOperation.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE, "displayName", "Test User1 updated" )
);

by

               connection.modify( dn, new DefaultModification(
ModificationOperation.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE, "displayName", "test user1 updated" )
);

That means the modify() operation does not normalize the value before storing
it into the bakend, keeping the uper cases, when the filter use a regexp which
is case sensitive.

There is clearly a bug in the way we process the modification, the value
*must* be normalized.

I'll fix that asap.

--
Regards,