On 08/01/2019 09:55, v...@tx.rr.com wrote:
Dear Apache Studio Team,

Hi,

First, thank you for ApacheDS and Apache Studio.  Is there an unreleased or
beta plugin available for the OpenLDAP ACL editor shown on page 8 of this PDF :
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/ldapcon/Pierre-Arnaud%20Marcelot-paper.pdf
.  I have been searching high and low for something like this!

No, there is no beta. The code is not complete, especially the ACL editor part (it's quite complex).

ATM, it's not inclucded in the build because we don't want to release anythi,nbg that is not complete

I did see the Directory Studio github README.MD says all OpenLDAP-related
plug-ins are not considered production, so they are removed from the released
builds.  I did find the source to the plug-in here (
https://github.com/apache/directory-studio/tree/master/plugins/openldap.acl.editor)
 but I have no experience building complex Java projects so I'm doubtful about
being able to build it successfully.

Building Studio is quite easy :

- download the project :

git clone https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/directory-studio.git

- modify the features/pom.xml file to include the OpenLDAP features that are currently absent :

    <module>openldap.feature</module>

</modules>

- modify the product/org.apache.directory.studio.product file and add this feature in, the <feature> section  :

    <feature id="org.apache.directory.studio.openldap.feature"/>

- either launch the build.sh or the build.bat script (depending on your OS), assuming you have installed a Java JDK and Maven o,n your machine, you should get the project built.

Thank you!
VR