Jens

Yes, Cartoon2D should be possible with GRHydro. Apart from certain
technical difficulties (choosing correct coordinates, number of ghost
points, etc.), the largest problem I expect is that Cartoon2D will
interpolate the solution, and interpolation is not a conservative
operation. Thus I'd expect problems near shocks, discontinuities, and
surfaces -- problems in the sense of "the hydro scheme is inaccurate", not
in the sense of "segfault" or "nan".

Most likely -- and I have no hard information on which to base my opinion
-- what is necessary is a very careful debugging of your parameter file.
It's difficult to explain this in an email (and I might also be wrong) --
feel free to call in next Monday for more in-person advice.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnet...@cct.lsu.edu>