On 1/20/11 9:47, Steven Siebert wrote:
lol, nice cookie-jar references

a couple comments....

slides 15->19 was a bit confusing...you went from talking about OSGi
modularity in 15 to the standard java packaging/classpath from 16-19
without a visual transition.  I found myself saying "wait...that's not
right.  If Rich says this, everything I know about life is wrong.  Oh,
wait...he wasn't talking OSGi, phew."  Perhaps something on 17 that
stated you were taking about java now, not continuing the thought on
OSGi from 15 =)

Ok, I'll try to make that clearer.

I think you hit on many good points, all critical to know when
designing/developing an OSGi based application...but a co-worker (who
does not know OSGi) heard me chuckle at cookie monster and said "124
slides as an intro/how to ignore OSGi?"....I understand most were
inner-slide transitions, but was a comment that was made =)

Yeah, I understand that people will have that reaction. I always do my animations as slide transitions, so people can easily watch them from PDF. The number of slides is actually much less. I guess it could put someone off if they just look at that number and stop immediately...but hopefully they won't do that. :-)

all together, though, a good presentation.  I'll add this to the docs
I'm going to use to teach my co-workers OSGi.

Thanks.

-> richard

Thanks,