> On 7 Oct 2015, at 13:56, Ferry Huberts <maili...@hupie.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Cross-posting because I don't know if the situation/problem below is by
> design, a bug in bnd, or a bug in SCR
>

> I have a R6 component that does
>  @Reference(cardinality = ReferenceCardinality.AT_LEAST_ONE)
>
> This appears to not bind new matching services, because the policy appears to
> be STATIC by default.

Yes, static policy has always been the default in DS. You can see this right
back in the very first DS specification found in OSGi Compendium R4.0, section
112.3.3: "The static policy is the most simple policy and is the default
policy”. Also section 112.10 that gives the XML schema, where the reference
element has the policy attribute defined as:

    <attribute name="policy" type="scr:Tpolicy" default="static"
use="optional"/>

> I did expect the ReferenceCardinality.AT_LEAST_ONE to imply
> ReferencePolicy.DYNAMIC, just like the bnd annotations did.

Nope. These are new annotations in a new namespace. There is no reason to
expect them to have the same behaviour as the bnd annotations.

> Changing it to
>  @Reference(policy = ReferencePolicy.DYNAMIC, cardinality =
> ReferenceCardinality.AT_LEAST_ONE)
>
> appears to make it work like I expected.
>

> Is this by design?
>
> Coming from bnd annotations this - to me - seems like another (breaking)
> subtlety.

It’s a subtlety perhaps because the standard annotations are just a direct,
literal transformation to the XML, whereas the bnd ones tried to be “smart”.
Yes, this is by design.

It’s certainly not breaking because, again, these are new annotations and there
is no reason to expect them to do the same thing…