Along with Carsten, I’m confused by your jira report.  What happens when you
create a configuration in code and try to update it with your property?  Can
you get it back?  There might be a problem with persisting such a property, but
your test doesn’t demonstrate it because perhaps the persistence is encoding
the value somehow.

thanks
david jencks