Hello Olaf

Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply.

I did start using Flash Builder to develop my earlier Flex projects but I
have since switched to IntelliJ (by JetBrains) which I really like. I need
to establish if my client's server has, or could have installed, any Zend
software which may influence my development path.

AMF, from what I have read so far, does seem to provide very efficient
communication between the client and the server. I like your suggestion to
install just the Zend_AMF module, I will look into this more.

I no nothing about Node.js (this project is opening my eyes to all sorts of
technologies which is refreshing). Another subject to research sufficiently
to establish if I should rule it out or not!

I may take you up on the offer to contact you, what method is most
convenient with you?

Regards

Chris