Right, but you mean it's a PITA :)

On 18/08/2015 10:42, OmPrakash Muppirala wrote:
On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:30 AM, Peter Ginneberge <p.ginnebe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

You can not auto update (AIR update API) a Captive Runtime AIR application.

You can still auto-update a captive runtime AIR application, it is only a
bit involved.
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/updating-air-apps-native-installer.html

Thanks,
Om

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f709e16db131e43659b9-8000.html

And in case that matters, the installer is no longer cross platform.

regards,
Peter