Just my 2 cents: have you considered getting rid of everything and just use
one sprite image for all the logos?

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_sprites.asp

You minimize connections to just 1 download, that if properly compressed
and if logos share a fair amount to colors, could get the size per logo to
a ridiculously few bytes. All item renderers would use the same image (100%
bitmapCache hits), but at the cost of downloading the whole bitmap each
time one of the logos change (how often?).

It could be a fairly simple solution, and may it can improve your app
responsiveness without too much trouble.

Hope it helps ;-)