From 3 minutes of playing around with it, if you are looking to minimize code
changes and don't want a more modern UI, then the emulation component set
(MXRoyale and SparkRoyale) would be a good place to start.  The emulation set
is still a work-in-progress, but it gets better every day, and, IMO, it would
be better for the Royale community if you could invest some of the time saved
from not having to change so much code towards further improving MXRoyale and
SparkRoyale as that will make the migration effort easier for the next person.

My 2 cents,
-Alex