From: Hans Nuecke <hnue...@vservu.de>
Sent: 09 March 2020 15:55
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Flex 4.16.1 broken for AIR33.1?

I do: You have to pay for the new version if I want to publish it as captive
runtime version.
That's why I test with v33, but use v32 for the final delivery.

I still love Air and Flex. It is a perfect solution for my desktop based
product (Windows and maOS).

But I feel more and more uncomfortable and might start a new development soon;
based on an actual mainstream  framework. Which for me
(unfortunately) isn't Royale neither ;-(

For the browser based part of my product we already made the switch to
JavaScript (hic!) and vue. So it might be a good advice to leave the sinking
AIR/Flex ship in time?!

I really appreciate all your work, but at the end I need a secure and
comfortable base that takes me through the coming 10 years... And emails like
these ones don't give me the level of comfort I'm seeking...

Just my 2 cts.

Regards

Hans