On the original topic, it certainly seems easiest to release 4.16.2 with just
fixes to the native function calls that are broken. Seems like it would be a
small change for a developer familiar with the affected package. Then everyone
who wants to milk the last few months from AIR 33.0 (prior to geom package
breaking-changes) or older can just use Flex 4.16.1 and those who need AIR 33.1
starting with the geom breaking-changes just need 4.16.2.

We can consider all the other wonderful ideas in this thread, independent of
getting started on this particular fix.

Just my $.02

Erik