On 2011-02-16 4:16 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 16-02-11 09:38, Tom Davies wrote:
>> I think it depends on how you "educate" new users. If we continue
>> to be rude & demand that new new users obey 1 certain way of doing
>> things before we even consider helping them then i think that is
>> unlikely to enamour people. Perhaps when people ask questions we
>> could just start with the RTFM answer that got linux such a
>> wonderful reputation. At least then they would have something to
>> work with.

> We dont need to be rude & demanding to new users, But some existing
> users should actually start reading what other post here, and THINK
> about what they are saying.

Exactly - but more importantly, veteran users (like Tom) should make a
minimal effort to abide by the lists general guidelines - in this case,
STOP freaking top-posting Tom! - otherwise, newbies will quickly see
that they can also just give the finger to the rest of us.

Seriously Tom - that is the way I take it when you simply refuse to
abode by the guidelines - you are telling the rest of us to go F---
ourselves...

I guess that is why I plonked you a long time ago (I'm only seeing your
posts now because others I *haven't* plonked are replying to you)...

--

Best regards,

Charles