On 2011-02-16 5:12 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:

>>> I completely and totally disagree, at least for Windows XP...
>>>
>>> 1. The Quickstarter icon is just a plain/blank white, with a tiny arrow
>>> or something in the top right corner
>>>
>>> 2. The document icons did not change, they are the old ones I had to
>>> manually fix up when Openoffice 3.2.1 removed the colorized icons...

>> Ok, this is weird... I left my desk for an hour or so, and when I came
>> back the icons had changed... I guess Explorer needed a refresh or
>> something...
>>
>> But... the Quickstarter is still just plain white - how can I change it?

> You're arguing apples vs. oranges here - the subject is "First
> impressions of LibreOffice 3.3.1 RC1 (Debian amd64 squeeze)" and you
> are running Windows.

Stop picking nits... my comment was in reply to the ICONS.. which look
the same (or are *supposed* to look the same) on all platforms.

> That said, I don't know if you can change the notification tray icons
> at all.  Look at the properties of the application and see if there is
> an icon change option.  I don't remember ever seeing one, but I miss
> things, too.

You can change it - to any one of 5 or 6 different totally white/blank
icons.

Anyway, I still really don't care for these 'new' icons much - they look
too cartoonish to me...

--

Best regards,

Charles