On 07/04/11 20:05, Steve Edmonds wrote:

On 7/04/11 10:36 PM, Joep L. Blom wrote:

Hi Joep. One application I use to create my eps files saves them as
epsi. I just rename them to eps and they import ok. I have done this a
lot to import drawings from our CAD system and don't know if the epsi
from the program I use to adjust the line thicknesses and add text are
actually eps but it works for those drawings. Sometimes I use both
Karbon14 and Inkscape. One edits attributes easier and one saves a
better preview.

Steve,
Thanks for your reply.
I did that and LO read the file and produced output that was vaguely recognizable for what is was meant to be. To clarify: Originally the text is a music score that is produces as output of a music notation program as a .ps file (which normally is sent to a postscript printer). Normally I translate it to .pdf with ps2pdf to sent to others. However, when I import the .eps file the resolution is far too low and when I import the .pdf file it uses apparently an own font and not the font of the .pdf file and of course that is also not usable.
I have still no reliable way to import music scores in LO.
Joep