On 08/04/11 09:32, Joep L. Blom wrote:
> On 07/04/11 20:05, Steve Edmonds wrote:
>>

>> On 7/04/11 10:36 PM, Joep L. Blom wrote:
>
>> Hi Joep. One application I use to create my eps files saves them as
>> epsi. I just rename them to eps and they import ok. I have done this a
>> lot to import drawings from our CAD system and don't know if the epsi
>> from the program I use to adjust the line thicknesses and add text are
>> actually eps but it works for those drawings. Sometimes I use both
>> Karbon14 and Inkscape. One edits attributes easier and one saves a
>> better preview.
>>
> Steve,
> Thanks for your reply.
> I did that and LO read the file and produced output that was vaguely
> recognizable for what is was meant to be. To clarify:
> Originally the text is a music score that is produces as output of a
> music notation program as a .ps file (which normally is sent to a
> postscript printer). Normally I translate it to .pdf with ps2pdf to
> sent to others.
> However, when I import the .eps file the resolution is far too low and
> when I import the .pdf file it uses apparently an own font and not the
> font of the .pdf file and of course that is also not usable.
> I have still no reliable way to import music scores in LO.
> Joep

What is your intended use for the scores imported to LO. Do you intend
to print them or make a PDF of them or just view on screen.
The preview bitmap image with the eps is low resolution. You can change
this in Karbon14/Inkscape I think to get higher quality.
I find when I print, my prints are high resolution, from the eps vector
information, not the preview, so check a print.
For high resolution pdf documents from LO I need to print to ps and use
ps2pdf. Printing to pdf direct from LO uses the preview image and the
quality is not good.
steve