On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 15:26, Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi :)

Hello there!

> I have heard good reports of the KDE implementation but haven't heard from
> Win7 users about it.  In Gnome i switch compiz off if possible, certainly on
> the machine at work.

It has been a long time since Compiz was just eyecandy. It is great
for accessibility and usability now.

> When i eventually got both documents side-by-side filling nearly half the
> screen each (ratio 4:3, not wide-screen) i was able to use Printer view but
> even at the recommended (but rarely used) font size 12 in Times New Roman
> the characters were fairly tiny, not quite microscopic but heading that
> way!  In the cc to Dotan i have included a screen-shot to show what i get.
> Afaik there are some fairly sophisticated tools to compare different
> documents if you are just looking for revisions or minor differences.

Thanks. I'm not diffing but rather translating. From your screenshot I
created a mockup idea for the "feature" that I'm looking for, on the
left-hand window only, were it to exist:
http://dotancohen.com/images/proposed.png

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen