My two sentences were two different (but possibly related issues).
1) Adding row breaks and then printing - the row breaks were ignored.
2) Viewing that same document in page break view showed the row breaks but I couldn't drag them to a different place.

I went back and tried my original file(.csv) again and now it works on both machines. I don't have the failing document any more so I guess I will just have to see if it happens again.

Thanks anyway,

David