Thanks, but I am not a programmer. I have troubles being understood in English. Is there a way of doing it through the menus?

Feeling unworthy,
Dave

-----Original Message----- From: John B
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 12:00 PM
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Compute difference

Try this

b4 is formatted to Date, 31/Dec
c4 is text "to"
d4 is formatted to Date, 31/dec

E4 = ((-B4+D4)/7 +(1/7)

f4= Trunc(e4)

g4= (+e4-F4)*7

then type in your 2 dates into b4 and d4     as in  01/07/2011 and
22/07/2011

regards

John B

On 22/07/2011 15:15, Jérôme Fenal wrote:
Hi all,

I need to do a difference in days between two dates, _without_ taking into
account leap years (e.g. considering all years are 365 days long).

The right way to do that would be to use function
DAYS360(date1;date2;method) using method = 3 as in other financial
functions, but it does seems to be implemented (only 0&  non 0 are
meaningful for this function currently).

Does anybody know how to still do this without ressorting to a procedural
language ?

Regards,

J.

PS: I'll be digging into BZ to see if there is already a request for such an
enhancement to DAYS360().

Introducing the Farmers Value Program - Big Discounts on Business Services
Visit us on the web at
http://www.farmersbusinessinsurance.com/farmers-value-program.html