On 08/03/2011 12:56 PM, Nuno J. Silva wrote:
On 2011-08-03, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

I use to deal with a lot of Visio documents.  DIA may still be able to
load these files, but I had problems installing my copy of Visio onto
Win-Vista so I had to drop using it.  Now that Ubuntu is my default
system, I needed to find alternatives to Visio as well.

To be frank, MS Publisher files are not supported in most third-party
software, and Visio files use to work with DIA diagram editor. It
would be great if some really ambitious person would make a
filter/extension that would give LibreOffice the ability to read those
files and maybe even edit them.
Eilidh McAdam is doing some work on Visio import as a Google Summer of
Code project:
http://cedric.bosdonnat.free.fr/wordpress/?p=813

There is code in a git repository, at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/libvisio/

And for the ones who just want to see nice pictures, Fridrich Strba's
weblog has some posts with screenshots:
http://fridrich.blogspot.com/

Well, I did not know that LibreOffice had any Visio support at all. I do not know about installing Ubuntu/LibreOffice stuff from someone else's repository. My system gives me security warnings when I add repositories that are not in the "approved list".

Well, I did not know "Google Summer of Code" was working with LibreOffice either.

Learn something new every day.