The big button in the first form of
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=2879 is an
ordinary push button belonging to the additional "Genres" form with
action="save record" and DefaultButton=Yes... no, in fact it is "No" but you
can set it to "Yes" so it saves the form when you hit Enter while a control
in the same form is focussed (not a multi-line entry box of course). We can
also omit such a button and tab out of the new record into the next new
record. But I like such save buttons because their enabled status indicates
when something is not saved yet.

In case you don't know: Form design mode, toolbar "Form Design", button #5
provides the form navigator which is essential when you build up your own
form hierarchies.

[Forms] (abstract container of all forms belonging to the same draw page)
+ MainForm (the movies)
__+SubForm (genres of movie with list boxes in a grid and refresh button)
+ Genres (additional insert-only form with name entry and save button)