Yogi,

Glad you got it sorted.

>However, I am very concerned that it takes a System Analyst to
understand
>why a very elementary task cannot be performed.  The average
LibreOffice
>user is only interested in having the application work...

I would not say the skill set needed is average, but in choosing to
operate a NAS, the configuration is just a bit more challenging and so
demands a bit more sophistication on a users part.

As the adage holds--to get the most from any resource, one should invest
some time in studying its capabilities.

Warm regards,

Stuart