Hi :)
False positives and the need to switch off security on a regular basis in order
to do fairly routine tasks is such a normal part of the Windows world.

According to most antivirus companies around 20% of Windows machines are
infected with some sort of malware.  Apparently MS were quite proud when their
new antivirus program found it was more like 80% (of machines that people were
worried about).  All of which fails to recognise that Windows could be classed
as a trojan in it's own right.  Anti-virus programs try to get ahead of the
curve by worrying about programs that could be executables and therefore have
at least a 20% chance of being malware.  Anything that is going to mess with
the registry is also a worry for an antivirus program.  To flag or not to
flag.  Each security program has to decide just how likely it is that the users
actually wants to install programs other than itself and then balance that
against the likelihood that the users is being fooled into doing something they
might not have thought about.  After all, anyone that installs/has Windows and
then worries about security is
 at least 20% likely to have an infected machine already.  If in doubt, blame
the user for following instructions!  There must be an alternative to the
paranoia of the Windows world but would people use it?  I keep getting sucked
back into dealing with Windows (mostly to fix colleagues problems admittedly)
and i'm guessing most people do, even here.