Suddenly, a couple of weeks ago or so, Libre Office 3.4.4 (OOO340m1, build 402 at my ubuntu 11.10 desktop) started to behave this strange: When I try to open any file, big or small, doc or odt or ods or anything, then for about 10-12 seconds LibreOffice does nothing (main screen keeps white) then it turns grey for 5-6 seconds (like when an app encounters a problem) and then, finally, the file opens.

Why do I have this sudden problem and what libre office tries to do these 15-20 seconds?

Best regards

Nikos