On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 11:51 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/20/2012 11:48 AM, NoOp wrote:
> > On 01/20/2012 06:12 AM, Pedro wrote:
> >>
> >> drewjensen wrote

> >> +1
> >>
> >> If there are complains from people on getting out (and they obviously
> >> managed to get in), it seems to me that the two processes aren't equally
> >> simple.
> >>
> >> Again, why isn't there a simple link to unsubscribe in each messages footer
> >> instead of a link to Instructions on how to unsubscribe? It takes only two
> >> clicks to subscribe and reading a whole page of instructions to
> >> unsubscribe.
> >>
> >> Try to find this link in the instructions page:
> >> users+unsubscribe(AT)global.libreoffice.org
> > http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/
> > <quote>
> > Mailing lists: The user support mailing list address is our main channel
> > for LibreOffice users needing help with a problem:
> > before you can post a question. To do that, just send an empty message
> > (no subject line, no message body) to
> > users+subscr...@global.libreoffice.org. Instructions will be mailed back
> > to you immediately (check for new mail, and check your spam/bulk mail
> > folder just in case). For information about our other mailing lists,
> > please visit the global mailing list index. For detailed instructions
> > about unsubscribing from a mailing list, please click here.
> > </quote>
> >
> > Clicking 'please click here' links to:

> > <quote>
> > Information on how to unsubscribe from a list is sent to you in the
> > confirmation e-mail, and is also added to the footer of every message
> > posted. (If you need detailed instructions about unsubscribing from a
> > mailing list, please click here.)
> > </quote>
> >
> > Clicking 'please click here' links to:
>
> Sorry, forgot to add that this is on the instruction page:
> <quote>
> Send the unsubscription request

> list (our user support list), for example, send an e-mail message to
> users+unsubscr...@global.libreoffice.org (if you were subscribed in
> you were subscribed in digest mode).
> </quote>

Right - and Florian addressed this earlier today.

At one point the email footer did include the unsubscribe URl for
standard subscriptions - but since it didn't unsubcribe those with
digest subscriptions and some complained it was dropped.

However - there is a planned upgrade to the list management software and
with that there will no longer be separate commands for normal /
digest / no-mail options - the one unsubscribe will suffice, so at that
point it, IMO, makes sense to put the actual command URl back into the
mail footer.

//drew