On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 18:22 +0100, Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote:
> Le 18/02/2012 17:54, drew a écrit :
> >
> > Yes, I suppose - but not here, seems a number of people are asking for a
> > better FAQ, that would seem like the place to put effort..
> >

> > 'someone asks a question' - the goal of the site it to answer questions
> > - 'the site only works if someone actually shows up and answers the
> > question'
> >
> > Does that clarify?
> >

> It does, yes, thank you :)
>
> I was unsure to what that new thing is. There's a forum already. This
> seems to be yet another resource. For John Doe, the average user, what's
> the difference between Ask and the forum? Don't you fear to spread the
> volunteers' efforts in one more place?

Hmm - yes, it is a concern from a general perspective. In the concrete
instance of the moment and of course IMO this new site will not do so.

A couple of factors, but none larger then the fact that the user base is
growing at a steady pace and the number of people available to 'work'
these sites will also grow.

Another factor, there is sufficient differentiation between existing BBS
forums, mailing lists and this Q+A site, with regard to how the service
offers services, that questioners and responders alike will likely self
select which service type they are most comfortable with.

Best wishes,

//drew