--On Friday, December 16, 2011 10:51 -0800 "James E. Lang" wrote:

    I have been having a problem with the Tips and Extended Tips in Calc
    for some
    time now. I believe the problem started when I upgraded my Kubuntu
    distribution to 11.10 (just in case that helps to identify the problem).

    My problem is that I cannot read them since the forground color
    (black?) and
    the background color (dark grey?) are so similar. I have not found a
    way to
    change the background color for these tips to something much lighter.

Let me add that "Input Help" created through the Data->Validity menu
item does not suffer from this problem.

--
Jim

-------------------------
The problem is actually in Kubuntu 11.10:
Choose: (from application launcher)
System Settings
Application Appearance (under common appearance and behavior)
Colors
SELECT TAB: Colors
Color Set: Common Colors
Tool Tip Text: Adjust to suit yourself
Tool Tip Background: Choose something rational (not the same as tool tip
text)
Hope this helps.
vda