Hi :)
Ok, so grub2 has had a lot of releases and updates in the last year or so but
this is the big one (well big 2 i guess).  If you don't know what Grub is then
just ignore this thread as it probably doesn't affect most people here.

If anyone is interested in testing this pre-beta release then i would recommend
using an old hard-drive and unplugging your main one!  It 'should' be fine but
it is pre-beta so it may have weirdnesses.

From the grub devs list where Vladimir posted this a couple of days ago ...
"Hello, all. I'm proud to introduce 2.00~rc1 to you.
It's available as
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-2.00~rc1.tar.gz
or
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-2.00~rc1.tar.xz
As far as I'm aware all issues have been either postponed or resolved
correctly, so I'll release 2.00 on Monday. Give ~rc1 a spin over the
weekend and report any issues.
--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko