Hi :)

My favourite page for documentation is
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
it contains links to 3rd party documentation, video tutorials and how-tos, old
versions of documentation and best of all it has the pre-release versions for
people to have a quick read through before those guides are linked to from the
official site.  Unfortunately it is so packed with useful stuff that some
people have difficulty understanding it.

So, the official page is deliberately kept as sparse as possible so that almost
everyone is likely to be happy with one or the other but will probably have
their own preference.  The official page is
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/