On 2012-10-04 07:54, Mark Stanton wrote:
I've got an XML file (I've generated myself, programmatically).

I thought it ought to be easy to import it in LO (3.4.6), somehow.  I
thougth Calc would be a good bet, but it just gives me "General I/O
error".  Base does the same.

The website
(help.libreoffice.org/Common/About_Import_and_Export_Filters)
suggests it ought to be doable but gives no details whatsoever.

Anyone got any pointers I could use?

Regars
Mark Stanton
Hi.
I do this with an XSLT filter.
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3490&f=45

Here is a pre-processing method I have not tried as the above works well for me.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-oocalc/
steve