Hi Dan :)

I could find Simple Scan under "Applications/ Graphics". Thanks,

It is kind of stuck on the fact that I do not have a scanner.

Also, couldn't find explicit mention of OCR, but I guess the menu chain

Document -> Scan -> Text might be doing that.

Seems there is some confusion here or perhaps I am not able to grasp the idea

/ use Simple Scan.

I have a .png from a website that rost52 suggested I can pass through OCR

so that I do not have to manually copy some numbers from it.
Simple Scan does not take .png (or any file) as an input.  (Right?)

I checked under Simple Scan preferences, the source choice doesn't have "file"
/ "browse" facility.
I have Simple Scan 3.2.1

Am I using simple scan correctly?
Is there a way to separate the OCR part of Simple Scan application from the
scanning part?!

I mean from the menus itself, not getting down to the code!

Thanks for your time,
Regards,
Viral Orpe :)

Processor  : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual Core E6600 CPU 3.00GHz
Memory     : 4GB, DDR3
OS            : Linux Mint 12 Lisa - Kernel Linux 3.0.0-13-generic (i686)

LibreOffice : LibreOffice 3.4.3  OOO340m1 (Build:302)