Hi :)
I'm completely lost now.  I have a friend that is a VJ and he goes on about
their different formats but i have no idea.  He can just about get it when i go
on about Pdf versus Odt versus DocX but that is pushing it.  I'm currently
struggling with trying to find good formats for still images.  When i make a
poster i can get it as a fairly tiny Png which doesn't get corrupted but other
people often give me Jpegs or Pdfs with Jpeg compression that look really awful
by the time they get to the website or get printed.  For some reason a lot of
people seem to think a good poster design is to make a nice jpeg image at say
4million pixels by 2 million or some ridiculously large size and then insert it
into Word and then export to Pdf.  So the image undergoes horrible mutilations
and is ridiculously heavy by the time they send it and they can't understand
because their original looked good in Paint or whichever stupid program they
use.

I'm just really glad i don't have to deal with video because i'm sure people
would carefully avoid using anything decent at any stage of the process and
then expect me to present it beautifully.

>________________________________

        Interesting to hear the Betamax really might have outlived VHS
        afterall!  People mostly moved to the various Dvd formats
        (including Bluray).
>>Regards from
>>Tom :)
>>

>>>________________________________

                be the best but died quickly. Sony BetaMax
>>>is only alive in the professional sector, but VDF (is
                this correct?), always called the worst video
>>>system in still alive...

                file format. It eliminates

                we have only two e-mail
                each? No. We have plenty of

                what Gmail and Facebook uses
                apps.

                There are many clients for

                at least four competing web
                market was monopolized).

                program's ability to
                certain OS, UI, branding,
                around standards that matters.

>>>--
>>>All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived
                and cannot be deleted