Hi :)
Thanks chaps :)  I am a bit lost.  Well, totally lost tbh.

This Qt issue is a bit of a tangent really.  I was just trying to say that
there are a lot of better alternatives that are far less likely to get the
users machines compromised.  Writing stuff in Java forces people that want to
use your programs to have java installed and active.  So, you would basically
be forcing your customers/clients/colleagues to run vulnerable systems in order
to run your code, if you code in java.  Hence lots of people are moving away
from java.  Not just the entire LibreOffice project but also others.

Of course a lot of companies are going to take a long time to steer away from
Java and there will be a lot of resistance from people that prefer to help
pepople get infected rather than use their current skills set to enable them to
learn alternatives faster.  A lot of companies are going to have to start
paying for Oracle's new "professional" or "enterprise" versions of Java if/when
they create those.  Oracle can't keep providing java for free and so far they
are right on-track for monetising it.
Regards from
Tom :)

 isn't a programming language Tom, it's a UI framework (written in