Hi :)
The problem is not a technical one but a people one.  If you are the one doing
the folding then the guides help but if it's someone else then there is a good
chance they really don't give a stuff how bad it looks.  In which case the
lines wont help and may even add to the shoddy appearance of the end-result.

I got trapped into doing all the folding because there are only 2 of us capable
of folding adequately and both of us find that doing so is actually faster.
When i realised i'd got myself trapped i kept quiet about who the other good
person was.