On 05/12/2013 09:38 PM, William Drago wrote:

...I can anchor the image as character, but as soon as I select the image to center it the text object menu disappears and the image object menu replaces it. If I use Format from the menu bar the expected options for alignment are gone.
You place the cursor in the paragraph / line that contains the image and then "center" the paragraph. At that point, you do not need to mess with the object to center it.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php