Hi :)
Regressions are good to know about.  Any chance of posting a bug-report about
it?  Perhaps others will be able to narrow it down further or it might be
narrowed down enough already.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

The {sudo apt-get remove libreoffice*.*} looks good enough but you might only
need {sudo apt-get remove libreoffice*} as the extra dot might mean some
packages get left behind.  In LibreOffice's case i think you are fine though.