Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:
<snip>

I need to relearn the interface for Paint Shop Pro X5, when I used version 5 since the XP days. But since I can not get v5 to install on Win7 Home Premium that my laptop has, I had to upgrade it and relearn the new interface. Same with PSP 5 or X5 vs. GIMP. The time it takes to relearn how to do the things that comes very easily to me with the old interface, well it is very frustrating to say the least and has taken 2 to 5 times longer to do the things I want/need to do.
Ahh! The Gimp. Great program and I do have some use for it. However, learning it has a _steep_ learning curve for me and, frankly, sitting at the screen and reading the online manual is not what I would prefer using my limited time for. There are several "learning" books out there, but which one is the best one I need to learn The Gimp? That is my problem with it. Once or twice I fiddled with it and got it to do somewhat what I wanted, but it wasn't very intuitive and I feel it could do so much more for me. If I could just get a good book on it and sit down and play with it...
Girvin Herr

<snip>