Hi :)
Sure, a Windows virus could theoretically sit on a Gnu&Linux platform just as
it could sit on any other platform.  The difference is that it can't knock-out
the anti-malware defences of the Gnu&Linux system.  Also it can't run or
replicate itself or infect other files on the system.  So at best all it can do
is sit&hope.  Even fairly rubbishy security with infrequent updates is likely
to wipe it out faster than it can grow because it can't grow.

The link doesn't mention security but one of the fundamental and top priorities
of Unix was to ensure that no single user could take down the whole system or
affect any other user.  Unix machines typically had hundreds of workers all
logged in at the same time and often running processes that might take a long
time to complete.  Imagine if one user was running the equivalent of a defrag
or disk check when another user just quickly rebooted the system.  Too much
potential to trash the system or lose data or hours worth of work.  So,
programs had to be able to run without elevating privileges and without
affecting other users on the same system.

Windows aimed at tiny, cheap machines with just 1 user per machine.  The aim
was to get a personal computer into every home and onto every desk.  if a
single user took down their own system it only affected the 1 person.  Since
then they have bolted on a few thing on top of that, such as allowing multiple
users (but not at the same time), network and internet access and some attempt
at dealing with some security issues as an (optional) after-thought.

Wrt the thread, the reported issue did get forwarded to the websites team and
they dealt with the situation really rather quickly.  Thanks to the person
reporting the issue the situation was resolved several hours faster than it
might have been otherwise.